Yankees' AL East Rival Plotting 15-Year Pitch For Juan Soto
  • Login
  • es Español
  • en English
Pinstripes Nation
  • Home
  • Team
    • Roster Updates
    • Prospects
    • History
  • News
    • Trades
    • Rumors
    • Off The Field
  • About
  • Contact us
No Result
View All Result
Pinstripes Nation
  • Home
  • Team
    • Roster Updates
    • Prospects
    • History
  • News
    • Trades
    • Rumors
    • Off The Field
  • About
  • Contact us
No Result
View All Result
Pinstripes Nation
No Result
View All Result
Home News Juan Soto

Yankees’ division rivals to bid for Juan Soto with 15-year offer, claims friend

Sara Molnick by Sara Molnick
October 9, 2024
in Juan Soto, News
Reading Time: 5 mins read
0 0
A A
0
Yankees' slugger Juan Soto reacts after a run against the Mariners at Yankee Stadium, May 23, 2024.

NYY

0
SHARES
65
VIEWS
TwitterRedditFacebookEmail

A source close to Juan Soto has shared intriguing insights about the Yankees right fielder’s potential free agency prospects. This individual, a former teammate who wishes to remain anonymous, maintains contact with the slugger and shares the same agent, Scott Boras.

As the Yankees find themselves deadlocked 1-1 with the Royals in the American League Division Series, the source revealed to MLB insider Randy Miller that the Toronto Blue Jays might be preparing to make an exceptionally generous offer to Juan Soto.

The source claimed to have firsthand knowledge of the Blue Jays’ interest, explaining that the team, coming off a disappointing 74-88 season, is eager to return to contention. According to him, the Blue Jays’ ownership is considering a significant financial investment to bolster their roster, including plans to re-sign Vladimir Guerrero Jr. and potentially acquire Juan Soto with what could be the most lucrative non-deferred contract in MLB history.

He likened the potential pairing of Juan Soto and Guerrero in Toronto to the dynamic duo of Soto and Aaron Judge on the Yankees this year, suggesting that Blue Jays management sees this as an ideal lineup combination.

However, when questioned about Juan Soto’s willingness to commit long-term to a Canadian team, the source expressed uncertainty. He mentioned advising Juan Soto against choosing a team unlikely to win but acknowledged that Soto’s ultimate decision remains unknown.

“Look for the Blue Jays to make an astronomical offer,” he reportedly told over phone. “I heard it with my own ears. The Blue Jays think Soto would be perfect for their lineup and team. I know their management thinks Soto and Guerrero for them would be what Soto and (Aaron) Judge were like this year for the Yankees. But I don’t know (if Juan Soto accepts). I’ve told him, ‘Don’t go somewhere where you’re not going to win.’ But I don’t know what he’s going to do. Nobody does.”

As Juan Soto, a four-time All-Star approaching his 26th birthday, continues to showcase his skills in the postseason, these rumors add an intriguing dimension to his impending free agency.

Aaron Judge and Juan Soto celebrate after the Yankees win the AL East title at Yankee Stadium on Sept. 26, 2024.
X-NYY

Last year, the Blue Jays made a bold move by offering a package similar to the $700 million, largely deferred deal that Shohei Ohtani ultimately accepted from the Dodgers. This demonstrates Toronto’s willingness to pursue top-tier talent aggressively.

Who are into the Juan Soto sweepstakes?

Industry insiders currently view the Yankees and Mets as frontrunners for Juan Soto’s services. Juan Soto, demonstrating savvy negotiation tactics, has expressed openness to all franchises, both publicly and privately. This strategy could potentially draw in unexpected bidders and drive up his market value.

The Blue Jays have previously influenced negotiations, as evidenced by their role in DJ LeMahieu’s contract talks with the Yankees after the 2020 season. Their offer of a sixth year at $15 million prompted the Yankees to reluctantly match, securing LeMahieu’s continued services.

The Dodgers are considered another potential major player in the Juan Soto sweepstakes. Having reportedly secured substantial endorsement funds from Japanese companies for Ohtani’s contract, they might have additional resources to pursue Soto while managing luxury tax implications.

Interestingly, a source close to Juan Soto suggests that his former team, the Washington Nationals, could emerge as a surprise contender. Despite trading Soto in 2022 after he reportedly declined a 15-year, $440 million offer, the Nationals hold a special place in Juan Soto’s career. He won a World Series with them in 2019, and the team may be approaching a competitive resurgence after several losing seasons.

The Philadelphia Phillies, backed by billionaire owner John Middleton’s strong desire for success, are also mentioned as potential bidders in the Juan Soto sweepstakes. This diverse field of potential suitors underscores the high stakes and widespread interest in acquiring Juan Soto’s talents for the long term.

Juan Soto has consistently expressed his appreciation for his inaugural season with the Yankees since his acquisition from the Padres last December. He has voiced his fondness for playing alongside Aaron Judge, his enjoyment of the New York atmosphere, and his gratitude for the warm reception from Yankees fans.

Jazz Chisholm and Juan Soto celebrate after the latter's walk-off hit help the Yankees beat the Red Sox at Yankee Stadium on September 12, 2024.
NYY

His performance in New York has been remarkable, with a .288 batting average, a career-best 41 home runs, 109 RBIs, 129 walks, and an impressive .989 OPS. These statistics potentially position him for a top-three finish in the American League MVP voting, competing with Judge and Royals shortstop Bobby Witt Jr.

While there has been speculation that Juan Soto’s decision will be primarily financially motivated, a source close to him suggests the situation may be more nuanced. The source indicates that the slugger’s choice to stay with the Yankees potentially might depend on the initial offer, emphasizing that the starting figure would need to be substantial.

The source suggests that a $500 million offer, which would far exceed the Yankees’ current record contract of $360 million over nine years for Judge, might be considered insufficient. Instead, the source believes the opening bid should start at $600 million, citing Juan Soto’s young age of 25 as a key factor. The source also doubts that Soto would accept deferred money in his contract.

Projecting Juan Soto’s potential contract, the source anticipates a 15-year deal at $40 million annually, totaling $600 million. This lengthy contract duration is justified by comparing it to other top players like Judge and Mike Trout, who have secured payments into their late 30s or early 40s.

What do you think? Leave your comment below.

Tags: Juan Soto
TweetShareShareSend
Previous Post

Yankees’ Soto warns Aaron Judge’s critics: ‘Never count him out’

Next Post

Yankees’ Torres grateful to Boone for turnaround on eve of Yankees postseason

Sara Molnick

Sara Molnick

A digital technocrat-turned-baseball buff, Sara is an ardent follower of the New York Yankees. Born and brought up in New York City, she is a regular to games since she was a kid. Despite working as media strategist, baseball is her first love. She has been covering baseball games in the city as well as MLB and MiLB games involving the Yankees, the Mets, and their minor affiliates as a freelancer for different web and media publications. She works as a lead author for the Yankees-centered PinstripesNation since its very inception.

Related Posts

Gerrit Cole throws in the outfield prior to pitching off the mound on May 4, 2024.
Gerrit Cole

Gerrit Cole dilemma traps Yankees after roster move creates hole

May 19, 2026
801
Former Yankees star Gio Urshela retires at 34 after 10 seasons in MLB on May 15, 2026.
Ex-Yankees

Gio Urshela pens emotional note to end career that once lit up Yankees

May 19, 2026
280
Anthony Volpe celebrates after stealing a run in the Yankees' 7-6 win over the Blue Jays, New York, May 18, 2025.
Anthony Volpe

Anthony Volpe’s Yankees transformation turns heat back on Jose Caballero

May 19, 2026
625
Aaron Judge celebrates after Jazz Chisholm Jr. hit a go-ahead home run in the Yankees' 7-6 win over the Blue Jays, New York, May 18, 2025.
Jazz Chisholm Jr.

Beyond quirky combo, a grudge fuels Yankees’ Chisholm against Blue Jays

May 19, 2026
201
Anthony Volpe avoids tagging at home plate to score a run in the Yankees' 7-6 win over the Blue Jays, New York, May 18, 2025.
Post Game Recaps

Yankees outlast Blue Jays 7-6 in May thriller but with October feel

May 19, 2026
173
Dax Kilby, Yankees' 19-year-old shortstop, climbed from No. 94 in January to No. 70 in MLB Pipeline's Top 100 prospect list despite not playing a single game in 2026.
Prospects

Yankees prospects makes stunning 24-spot leap without a game log

May 18, 2026
707
Next Post
Yankees' Gleyber Torres is at Yankee Stadium during the team practices on Oct 7, 2024.

Yankees' Torres grateful to Boone for turnaround on eve of Yankees postseason

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Login
Notify of
Please login to comment
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Top Stories

Join the Pinstripes Nation!

Your Daily Dose of Yankees Magic Delivered to Your Inbox.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Stay Connected

  • 99 Subscribers
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Jose Caballero starts 2026 for the Yankees as Opening Day shortstop following injury to Anthony Volpe.

Caballero defiant on shortstop job shift as Yankees plan Volpe return

May 1, 2026
The New Yor Yankees start their Spring Training camp in Tampa officially on Feb. 11, 2026.

Yankees spring training games TV guide: Where to Watch All 34 Games

February 19, 2026
Ben Rice has carried his spring training success into the regular season, continuing to hit the ball hard at an elite rate.

Ben Rice’s dugout reaction says it all as Boone benches him and bluffs

April 15, 2026
boone-chisholm-new-york-yankees

Yankees’ Boone hints at unpleasant exchanges with Jazz Chisholm

February 7, 2026

Aaron Boone faces a challenging choice between two players

68
Yankees ace Gerrit Cole is on the mound against the Mets at Citi Field on June 14, 2023.

Yankees pay the price after Aaron Boone’s costly Gerrit Cole decision in defeat to Mets

63
Aaron Judge in Yankees dugout at Truist Park, Atlanta, during the game against the Braves on August 15, 2023.

Aaron Judge points finger at teammates, Boone warns as Yankees plunge to 28-year low

60
Michael Kay and John Sterling

Trouble in the booth: John Sterling, Michael Kay reportedly in a bitter clash

46
Gerrit Cole throws in the outfield prior to pitching off the mound on May 4, 2024.

Gerrit Cole dilemma traps Yankees after roster move creates hole

May 19, 2026
Former Yankees star Gio Urshela retires at 34 after 10 seasons in MLB on May 15, 2026.

Gio Urshela pens emotional note to end career that once lit up Yankees

May 19, 2026
Anthony Volpe celebrates after stealing a run in the Yankees' 7-6 win over the Blue Jays, New York, May 18, 2025.

Anthony Volpe’s Yankees transformation turns heat back on Jose Caballero

May 19, 2026
Aaron Judge celebrates after Jazz Chisholm Jr. hit a go-ahead home run in the Yankees' 7-6 win over the Blue Jays, New York, May 18, 2025.

Beyond quirky combo, a grudge fuels Yankees’ Chisholm against Blue Jays

May 19, 2026

Recent News

Gerrit Cole throws in the outfield prior to pitching off the mound on May 4, 2024.

Gerrit Cole dilemma traps Yankees after roster move creates hole

May 19, 2026
801
Former Yankees star Gio Urshela retires at 34 after 10 seasons in MLB on May 15, 2026.

Gio Urshela pens emotional note to end career that once lit up Yankees

May 19, 2026
280
Anthony Volpe celebrates after stealing a run in the Yankees' 7-6 win over the Blue Jays, New York, May 18, 2025.

Anthony Volpe’s Yankees transformation turns heat back on Jose Caballero

May 19, 2026
625
Aaron Judge celebrates after Jazz Chisholm Jr. hit a go-ahead home run in the Yankees' 7-6 win over the Blue Jays, New York, May 18, 2025.

Beyond quirky combo, a grudge fuels Yankees’ Chisholm against Blue Jays

May 19, 2026
201

About

Pinstripesnation.com is a trusted independent New York Yankees fan site. We cover the team directly from Yankee Stadium and contributors. We can only address issues or inquiries related to Pinstripesnation.com, we are not affiliated with the New York Yankees or MLB.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

Recent News

Gerrit Cole throws in the outfield prior to pitching off the mound on May 4, 2024.

Gerrit Cole dilemma traps Yankees after roster move creates hole

May 19, 2026
Former Yankees star Gio Urshela retires at 34 after 10 seasons in MLB on May 15, 2026.

Gio Urshela pens emotional note to end career that once lit up Yankees

May 19, 2026
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Sitemap
  • Contact us

© 2021-2026 Pinstripes Nation

Welcome Back!

Sign In with Google
OR

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Team
    • Roster Updates
    • Prospects
    • History
  • News
    • Trades
    • Rumors
    • Off The Field
  • About
  • Contact us

© 2021-2026 Pinstripes Nation

Join the Pinstripes Nation!

Your Daily Dose of Yankees Magic Delivered to Your Inbox.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

wpDiscuz
0
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x
| Reply
  • English
  • Español (Spanish)