Jasson Dominguez on a tear with three multi-hit games in a row for Somerset

Yankees' top-ranked prospect Jasson Dominguez playing for the Somerset Patriots.
Sara Molnick
Monday July 17, 2023

Table of Contents

In an extraordinary display of skill, Yankees prospect Jasson Dominguez continues to impress, securing multiple hits in his last three games and boasting an impressive .357 batting average throughout July. His hitting prowess led the Somerset Patriots to a 9-4 win against the Binghamton Rumble Ponies on Sunday night at Mirabito Stadium in Binghamton, New York.

Highlighting his immense talent, the Yankees’ No. 1 prospect, Jasson Dominguez, unleashed a powerful hit, sending the ball sailing for a remarkable two RBI triple during the eighth inning. Jasson Dominguez’s stellar performance, going 2-for-4 with 2 RBIs, 1 run scored, a triple, and a walk, adds to the anticipation surrounding his future in Double-A Somerset.

Jasson Dominguez’s third multi-hitter game

In a remarkable feat, Jasson Dominguez achieved his third consecutive multi-hit game, making it a clean sweep for him in all three games of the series in Binghamton. Demonstrating consistent excellence, the Yankees’ prized prospect has now recorded multiple hits in five of his last six games, going 10-for-22, and an impressive seven out of 12 games played during July. As a result, his outstanding 18 multi-hit games lead the Patriots.

Jasson Domingez holding a bat
MLB.com

Throughout July, Jasson Dominguez’s performance has been nothing short of stellar, slashing an impressive .326/.426/.457 with an OPS of .883. This month, The Yankees prospect has contributed significantly with 6 RBIs, 6 runs, 1 home run, 1 triple, 1 double, 8 walks, and 7 stolen bases, showcasing his versatility on the field. Notably, since the beginning of July, he has managed to elevate his batting average by a remarkable 20 points, reaching a season-high of .217.

In his overall record for Double-A Somerset, Jasson Dominguez holds a slash line of .204/.345/.346, having hit 10 home runs and stolen 24 bases. Additionally, his strikeout-to-walk ratio stands at 98:61 in 76 games, cementing his status as an essential and multifaceted player for the team.

In the realm of Double-A players who commenced the season, Jasson Dominguez distinguishes himself as the fourth-youngest qualified hitter, trailing behind Jackson Chourio, Deyvison De Los Santos, and Edgar Quero. However, his current .269 BABIP falls significantly below his usual career standards, suggesting a potential deviation from his usual performance. It seems that he might be exhibiting a tad too much patience at the plate, evident in Jasson Dominguez’s high walk rate (17.7 percent) and strikeout rate (28.4 percent), which together account for 46.1 percent of his 345 plate appearances.

jasson-dominguez-new-york-yankees
Twitter-NYY

His teammates also did well

The game experienced a premature conclusion due to relentless rain that began during the bottom of the seventh inning, leaving two outs unresolved. Despite the weather interruption, Somerset secured a victory, further improving their impressive 9-4 record against Binghamton throughout the season.

RHP Chase Hampton delivered an impressive performance, pitching 5.1 innings while allowing only 2 earned runs on 3 hits and 3 walks, striking out 7 batters. This exceptional outing earned him his first Double-A victory in his fifth start for the Patriots. Notably, Hampton now holds the distinction of being the Yankees’ minor league leader in strikeouts, amassing an impressive total of 110 strikeouts over his first 14 career starts.

Meanwhile, SS Trey Sweeney had a standout game, going 2-for-3 with an RBI, scoring 2 runs, and drawing a walk. This marked his 15th multi-hit game of the season, showcasing his consistency and offensive prowess. LF Elijah Dunham continued to impress as well, collecting 2 hits in 4 at-bats, including a double. This marked his second consecutive game with multiple hits and extended his hitting streak to four games for Somerset, during which he has gone 7-for-15 at the plate.

While the Yankees are facing an offensive drought in MLB, Jasson Dominguez’s Double-A exploits make a case for getting a call.

What do you think? Leave your comment below.

Related posts:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Join the Pinstripes Nation!

Your Daily Dose of Yankees Magic Delivered to Your Inbox

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Don't Miss Any of the Latest Yankees News, Rumors, and Exclusive Offers!